Winter is an exciting time in Niagara Falls, and there are plenty of fun and exciting activities happening in the city that you won’t want to miss out on. Here are five things to look out for when visiting Niagara Falls this winter:
- OPG Winter Festival of Lights– The Ontario Power Generation Winter Festival of Lights will be running from Nov. 15, 2014 to Jan. 12, 2015, featuring millions of sparking lights in dazzling displays set up along the Niagara Parkway. This wonderful winter attraction attracts millions of visitors annually and is a one-of-a-kind winter experience in Niagara Falls.
- New Year’s Eve Concert– Ring in 2015 at ET Canada’s New Years Eve in Niagara Falls outdoor concert, which features exciting musical artists in a setting that directly overlooks the beautiful Niagara Falls. The concert is completely free, and will also feature fireworks shows and food and beverage vendors, which will help you to ring in the New Year right!
- Winter Fireworks– As part of the OPG Winter Festival of Lights, fireworks shows will be happening by the Falls every Friday night at 9pm, starting in December, with additional shows during the holidays. The fireworks will run throughout the OPG Winter Festival of Lights season and will light up the beautiful Niagara skyline like you’ve never seen before.
- Floral Showhouse Christmas Display- The Niagara Parks Floral Showhouse Annual Christmas Display is a beautiful site for visitors to experience, with sparkling lights, ribbon, and garland adorning the Floral Showhouse. The display will be running from Nov. 27, 2014- Jan. 12, 2015 and also features selections from the original Cullen Miniature Village collection, various horticultural wonders, and free-flying tropical songbirds that add to the beauty of the season.
- Casino Niagara- For 95,000 square feet of indoor gaming fun, make sure to visit Casino Niagara, located directly across the street from the Niagara Falls. Featuring live entertainment, over 1,300 slot machines, 40 gaming tables, and the largest Poker Room in Ontario, it is a thrilling and exciting 24-hour gaming experience.